While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Homesick

It's amazing how time flies when you are busy and living in paradise ;) I love my new home state -- the weather really suits me. I feel spoiled by the year-round warmth and I don't miss the changing of the seasons. I loved being on my back patio Christmas morning, soaking in the morning sun. And every chance I get, I spend my mornings out on the patio with my coffee and a good book -- my Bible, a novel, study materials, whatever. I really enjoy my job and feel like I'm making a difference. I can't really imagine moving back to Ohio right now (or maybe ever).

But, I miss everyone so much. This Sunday is Mother's Day and I won't be with my mom. I just received an evite for my youngest nephew's 1st birthday party which I won't be home for. He's not going to grow up knowing me the way my other neices and nephews do. I miss my family to the point of heartache. And I miss my friends -- girls' night, coffee at Starbuck's, having a good cry or laughing until your sides hurt, planning showers/parties together, all of it!

I've met good people down here and I get along with all of the women in my department at work (which is such a relief after the stressful job I left in Ohio). I've attended a couple of churches. But no really good "bosom friends," yet.

I go home in August. I really can't wait!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Awww, I feel for ya girl. Are you coming to worldview in August? I'd love to see you!

1:08 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Unfortunately, I'll be camping with my family over the weekend that I am there, so I won't be going to church...

Thanks for the sympathy!

2:31 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

There's always a tradeoff for paradise! It just boils down to what you can live with...or without!

2:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home