While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

prayer needed

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I was sooooo happy to go to Cleveland. It was good to be 'home'!!! It made me miss my family even more, but it was worth it. I know that Florida is my new home, but part of my heart will always belong to Cleveland -- and, of course, I always want to be with my wonderful family, especially at the holidays!!!

I came back to Florida and on the way to pick me up from the airport, my car died on Christopher. I ended up having to take a taxi (that was expensive!!!) and we had to have the car towed (that was expensive, too!!!). It may have blown a rod -- which means re-building the whole engine. It could be as much as $5,000. The car isn't even paid off, yet. Of course, it would then be guaranteed for 3 years or 75,000 miles. That would be excellent -- but I don't know how we could do it. We just don't have the money. So, we may end up being a one-car family. And his car is the one we were thinking of replacing next year. We expected mine to last at least another couple of years....

Please pray for our financial situation! We believe that God opened doors for us to be in South Florida. And we know that we are meant to be together :) But, we have had so many financial set-backs. I am clinging to faith, but it feels like my grip is slipping.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

it was nice to see u up at the mall! :) LORD, we do thank you that you are a MORE THAN ENOUGH GOD. you have more than enough provision for kathy and christopher. You are so rich! Thank you, Lord. They wait expectantly for you.

4:28 PM

 
Blogger Chel said...

Hang in there. We're having financial struggles, too, after the move since we were without any salary at all for five months this year.

In an odd coincidence, our van is in the shop now, after a little old lady pulled out of the bowling alley parking lot and hit Mike. We'll be in a rental for weeks.

But, like you, I believe that we are supposed to be here (financial struggles and homesickness notwithstanding), so I continue to rely on the Lord's promise to provide.

Hang in there.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger Donna said...

And this too shall pass. This isn't Gos but the enemy attacking!

I totally understand where you are at, we bought a used Jeep Cherokee a few years back and after having the truck for 3 months the engine blew. It was all our fault the warranty we spent $2,000 on wouldn't cover it. And all this happened after josh had been in th hospital for 1 month, we had NO income and NO savings...I still wonder how we got through it! GOD IS FAITHFUL....I know you know that but encouragement is always needed!!

12:33 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I will pray!

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home