While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I bought a dress!

I found my dress this week and it is perfect for me -- totally simple! It is white (of course) with no beading, no lace, no embroidery, no train.... It is the vision (or close to it) that I've always had for myself. I'm not even sure that I'll wear a veil. My daddy isn't here to lift it over my head, so what's the point?! It would just be something to fuss with. And I hate fussing!!!

The only "fussing" that I may do is having my hair in an up-do. I'd like to wear it down because that is how I always wear it. It seems more natural -- more me. But, I don't want the wind to ruin it (we're getting married on a ship and it's always windier on/near the water) and I don't want to fuss with it all night (tucking it behind my ear, keeping it out of my face, etc.). So, it will probably be put up so that I don't get cranky about my hair :)

P.S. I'm not going to post a picture because sometimes my honey comes to my blog -- and he's not supposed to see it, right?!

P.P.S. My dress was VERY inexpensive -- thank You, God! It was definitely a gift from my Heavenly Father :)

P.P.P.S. 4 people came to see my house this week -- Yea! Still praying that it sells VERY soon!!! God, please let there be an offer made today. Thank You!

7 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Yeah for the dress!!! One step closer to the wedding=)

12:48 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Cool!!! That's always the hardest part...finding something you like...congrats!

11:49 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

You are going to be a VISION in your dress...CAN'T WAIT!!!
An up-do will be fab!

Now come on house and sell sell sell!!!

2:18 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Yay! You will be beautiful. Definitely get the up-do. I had my in an updo and it was kinda windy but it stayed like glue. And yes come on house and sell!

8:47 PM

 
Blogger Bek said...

yeah!! for inxpensive dresses. mine was too. and i agree on not having to worry about hair on the wedding day. what ship are you getting married on? the nautica? the goodtime? just wondering....exciting stuff ahead!

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Radical One said...

just stopping by to say hello and congrats on the exciting progress in your wedding plans. i'm so glad things are falling in place for you.

blessings!
lisa

9:16 PM

 
Blogger Radical One said...

just stopping by to say hello and congrats on the exciting progress in your wedding plans. i'm so glad things are falling in place for you.

blessings!
lisa

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home