While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Winter blues (and whites)

It is so nice to see the blue sky on this COLD, snowy February day! I love it!!! I can't wait for the warmth of summer, for love and romance as the wedding draws closer. The sun is only flirting with us today. It is hiding coyly behind the clouds and then coming out to shine brightly. I'm not fooled, though. It isn't warm and welcoming. It is 14 degrees out there!!!

So, I am looking longingly for the future. I am so excited to be getting married and heading south. I am anticipating the deep thrills and the excruciating pain as I start the next chapter of my life and leave the only home I've ever known. I am going to miss my family -- that may be the understatement of the year.

I am not going to miss COLD, snowy February days!

7 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Take me with you! I can fit inside a suitcase, trust me! LOL

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Take us too!!!!!!! It is TOOOOOOOOOO COOOOOLLLLLDDDDD....burrrrrrr!!!!

Actually, saying "good-bye" to dear loved ones at our church (and shedding a few tears)...made me realize just how HARD this is going to be to let you go sis...

But, just like it was for us at church...a bitter-sweet moment... ...cuz...we are excited for what the next chapter of your life will hold and lovingly release you to follow your dreams :) But, oh how you will be missed!!!

Yet, certainly, you will be soooo much warmer than we are today...hee hee!

Love ya! Fun Post!

10:41 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

crystal, i'd love to take you with me... i'd love to take you ALL with me!!!

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

you'll probably think I'm nuts...thanks, but no thanks....I can't stand constant heat, and I love the snow!!LOL

11:42 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

bonnie, everyone is entitled to their own crazy opinions :) LOL!! enjoy the snow!!!

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Radical One said...

awwe, closing some doors and opening others can be so difficult at times...even when it's a good thing! praying you will be filled with peace.

blessings!
lisa

9:43 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

ADVENTURE!!! I love going to new places. I'm so happy for you!

12:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home