While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

picking a wedding date

For a calendar-minded girl marrying a calendar-challenged guy, this is the hardest decision to make!!!

I keep thinking that we need to pick a date -- and settle on it -- for the following reasons:
1. we need to ask our pastor to set aside the date (and he's the busiest person I know)
2. my out-of-town friends and family need to make travel arrangements
3. my boss needs to know when to start looking for my replacement
4. I have to sell my house and get ready for the move to Florida
5. I NEED TO START PLANNING!!!!!!!!

He just wants us to move to Florida as soon as possible. He also would like the whole thing to just 'happen' without muss or fuss. And he has other things on his mind right now that he feels he needs to work out first (like the move to Florida, where we're going to live, where he's going to work -- all good things, true). But, I feel that we could be further along in our Florida planning, if we knew when we were going to get married. He says Florida first, wedding date to follow. It makes more sense to me the other way around. Aren't we quite a pair?!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bek said...

i'm with you. other way around. i didn't know you were moving to FL, wow. what is taking you guys there??

4:49 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Florida is 'home' for my honey. He was born there, lived there for a while, was in the Coast Guard there, and went to college there. He can't wait to get back!!! I can't wait to go with!!! I just want things my way...

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

My money is on YOU getting your way....but knowing how much you love Chris...maybe he has a chance...lol.

.

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Radical One said...

awwe, such an awesome time in your life...full of planning, which makes way for "his way, my way" and it will be great becos that gives each of you opportunity to work thru minor differences and sacrifices.

i'm so excited for you! just enjoy each and every moment (as i'm sure you are). may you be blessed with love, joy and peace!

lisa

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Sorry, but I'm old...and old fashioned and Christian to boot....wedding first, move second!!

11:14 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

bonnie, no worries... I'm old fashioned and Christian -- wedding first!!!

thanks, everybody, for the well wishes. I am totally excited about all that is going to happen this year :)

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home