While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Why do I cry???

Ok, I love that God made me an emotional being. I love being passionate about love and compassion and justice and mercy and truth and romance and LIFE.

But, why do I have to cry???!!!

My honey fell asleep watching a movie with me. I sat in the chair watching him sleep on the couch. He is so amazing -- cute, sweet, strong, sexy, creative, passionate, assertive, cute, driven, hard-working, cute (did I mention that one already???!!!), optimistic, thoughtful, analytical, hopeful -- just amazing. So, I began to think about how lucky I am to have him, to love him, to be loved by him.

At the end of the movie, I kissed his forehead and said goodbye. He woke up enough to say goodbye and apologize for falling asleep. I told him that it was ok and that he should go back to sleep. And then I started crying.

Well, that woke him up! He was all nervous that he had done something -- yelled at me in his sleep or something. I kept trying to explain that they were happy tears. That I love him so much that sometimes it makes my heart hurt. After reassuring him again (and again) that everything was ok, I told him to go back to sleep and I left.

I was only home for a minute -- still had my coat on -- when my phone rang. See, he (like most guys) HATES it when I cry. He had to make sure (again) that I was ok.

I love having strong emotions! I love the love that I have for him. But this is one time that I wish I hadn't cried -- My honey just doesn't understand happy, overwhelming love, amazed, ecstatic tears!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

Awwwww :)

One day, Chris will understand "happy" tears :) But, it is so sweet that he wanted to make sure you were okay!

Glad you are so in love and happy sis!

1:33 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Thanks, sis! I've heard people say that it gets better and better and I'm truly living that right now :)

4:04 PM

 
Blogger Bek said...

just wait til u get pregnant. :) i'm sorry, but i just had to say it. today was my most crying day yet. i've cried like 6 times, and i just feel ridiculous. i think my husband has just given up on trying to understand me today.

6:28 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

you're right, bek -- i've heard how pregnancy reaks havoc on the hormones. it just isn't fair that the tears come whether you want them to or not!!!

at least i don't have to worry about getting pregnant for quite a while, yet :) we aren't even married, yet...

7:40 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

It's better for him to start learning about happy tears, now!

I so happy that you are so much in love....I remember those "newness days"...LOL...I've been with my husband for 25 years...I'm kinda' used to him now! LOL

10:57 PM

 
Blogger A Stack said...

Yes, he'll learn...I'm not even pregnant (yet!) and still, I've been crying almost every day for the last two weeks...happy tears, sad tears, frustrated tears...I've been praying for dried up tear ducts, but God is an emotional God and it's a reflection of Him...Chris will learn to LOVE your emotions and appreciate your tender heart!

8:44 AM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Don't worry babe...he will see it for many years to come...perhaps he'll get them too. Especially when the first baby arrives...I guarrentee that he will cry happy tears! :)

Tears clean your body and refresh your soul.

1:26 AM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Awww! Yeah, I remember the happy tears when it came to my hubby! It sounds like you have a great guy Kat! Hey btw, I saw your comment on my post about the dental situation. I'm looking to do clerical work. If you could spread the word, that would be awesome!

11:15 AM

 
Blogger Radical One said...

oh how sweet! sometimes it seems the things we don't understand seem to touch us the deepest. and it sounds like you definitley have a "keeper".

happy "love" day!
lisa

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

bonnie: congrats on the 25 years!!! that's so great :) i can't wait til we get there.

amy: i've had times like that. i only wish that i hadn't cried this time because it changed the moment (for him) from sweet to worried. i do believe that he loves my passionate side, but he wishes i wasn't sooooo emotional :)

m.c.: i know that he has already cried happy tears -- he cried when he proposed and cried some more when i said yes :) i believe in the cleansing and refreshing power of tears.

crystal: he is definitely a great guy, thanks!!! i will spread the word for you re: dentistry. could you email me your resume kszilagyi at hotmail dot com? thanks!

lisa: thanks!!! he is a keeper and i am grateful for the opportunities i have to touch his heart. i love loving him :) and happy "love" day to you, too!!!

7:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home