While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

being tired (all the time)

this week, i went to bed at 8:30 pm (or earlier) 3 times. that is not right!!! i have been really struggling with being tired and trying to get everything done. if i get enough sleep (8-10 hours), i have to go to bed early. i get up at 5 am to work out and then get to work by 7:30 am. i am NOT a morning person. and, if i go to bed at 8 pm, i don't get much done around the house -- laundry, cleaning, etc. plus, if i fall asleep downstairs right after eating dinner, when am i supposed to have quiet time???

this past week, i skipped working out to have quiet time in the morning. i like starting my day in His Word. but i didn't work out at all because i fell asleep so early all this week. last night i got about 12 hours of sleep -- and i already feel like i could use a nap. yikes!

the last time that i was this tired (about 4 years ago), i went to the doctor. she ran a bunch of blood tests and found nothing there. her conclusion was that i was depressed. at that time, it had been a little over a year since my dad had died and the stress and grief may have been catching up with me. even still, i didn't really feel depressed then and i don't now. so, should i go back to the doctor (maybe a different one) and have more blood tests or do i just "tough-it-out"???!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

I do take vitamins -- every day. I even take the women's version of the multi-vitamin with extra iron.

Amen to the joy of the Lord. I need His strength -- big time!!

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

The end of January (like Jan24th) and on is considered the 'cabin fever' part of the winter. Depression naturally sets into your body because of winter and the shortened days. Hopefully that's just it and as spring apporaches you will renew.

Are you stressing over wedding preparations or the upcoming move?

11:19 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Hey girly - maybe you should consider seeing your family doc and checking out your thyroid, I know it runs in our family, and I have been thinking about goin' in just to have them check me out too - anyway, since there are tons of things that can make you tired besides depression and stress - maybe you should just check - no harm in finding out....sorry you have been so tired sis...I know that is NO fun - I've been there a time or two myself.

8:36 AM

 
Blogger Bek said...

that is a toughie. i have dealt with this too, and i often ask Him to BE my energy!! water and lots of healthy food (high energy foods - proteins, pastas) seem to help. and brisk walks when i am at my "nappiest" time of the day (or for you after dinner). anyway, girl, keep us updated. life IS busy right now, so this can also be part of it.

9:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home