While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Friday, August 25, 2006

one week down...

I'm almost done with my first week of work. I'm at lunch right now. It has been really good to be back in the workforce, back doing events, and I'm looking forward to my first paycheck. I need gas and food and to catch up on the bills ;)

The events that we do are so much more intricate than anything that I've ever done before. I love it!!! It's a bit surreal, though. The committees for these events are made up of businesspeople and socialites that are at the top of the socio-economic scale. Most of the residents of Palm Beach are millionaires. And the people that we serve are the poorest of the poor -- living on less than $1 per day. I obviously feel very poor compared to our committee members and very, very rich compared to our beneficiaries.

One thing that I am looking forward to is that I will probably get to go on a "pilgrimage" to Jamaica or Haiti sometime to see the people that we have the priviledge of helping. Of course, I'll post pictures when that takes place. I don't know when it will be -- I still need to get my passport.

I miss Ohio like crazy!!! My family is going camping next weekend (4th annual trip) and I'm not going to be able to go :( I can't take time off from my new job and the airfare is outrageous for the holiday weekend (if I leave Friday evening and come back Monday). I am sooooo bummed... I'll try to get to Ohio for Thanksgiving. Of course, the airfare is high that weekend, too. God, please provide extra $$$ for lots of travel to Ohio!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I am sure God will provide you with $ to visit your family! Get a credit card that earns sky miles, to use for food and gas purchases!!!

By the way has your house sold?? Idon't know if I missed that or not.

7:09 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

donna:: i was just thinking this morning that i need to get a credit card that earns airline miles... great minds think alike :)

no, my house did not sell. i took it off the market. i am renting it to my younger sister. it is a lot more space than the apartment that she had and i feel good having someone i know and trust living in the house... she agreed to live there for at least 1 year and then we will re-evaluate... thanks for asking!!

9:48 AM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I was going to tell you the same thing and ask the same question, hmmm, guess there's nothing to say but, "Hi, hope you're loven' Florida!"

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Kat said...

hi bonnie! loving the warmth of the florida sun -- missing the warmth of my family!
-- how's life treatin' you?

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

I'm glad you like your job! Your job seems like a great way to reach souls with the message of Christ. I pray you get the money for a trip back...I'd like to see ya!

7:30 PM

 
Blogger Bek said...

aww, yes, i agree with that prayer, Lord, please provide money for air travel!

10:40 PM

 
Blogger BekABoo said...

Hi,
Found you floating through Bek. I'm a newlywed too. What a noble job you have! Kind of Robin Hood-ish :) I've recently relocated from Florida to TX and miss it like crazy. Plane tickets are going down! We have some friends getting married there and we're going home for thier weddings. Praying all goes well!

2:17 AM

 
Blogger BekABoo said...

Got your comment. Thanks! We were married in April. I lived in north FL for 5 years with my family in Jacksonville, and college at FSU. I haven't lived there for..uhh...a little over a year now. Wow! I can't believe that! The year after college, while I was engaged, I lived with my parents in GA and it was just a blur. Enjoy nice sunny FL. Be safe with the impending Ernesto. That should be a new experience for you!

11:22 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Missing you TONS today! Love ya!

8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home