While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got the job!

I start work on August 21st at Food For the Poor. I will be one of the special events coordinators. Currently, they do about 6 big events each year. They want to grow that number and increase sponsorship and donations. A big part of my job is finding sponsors and doing fundraising. I don't know much about that part, so I am a bit nervous. But, God led me to this place and He has provided a job -- and I've only been here 2 weeks -- so I am trusting Him to help me to succeed. I am glad for the challenge and I am so grateful for the opportunity (and for earning a paycheck).

If anyone has ideas for fundraising events, please feel free to post them in the comments!!! I'll take all the help I can get :)

Thank you all for your prayers!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

Yea Yea Yea!! WE are so excited for you! A big CONGRATS!! You are going to be awesome at this - what a perfect fit...your love for God's people and the poor! May He truly bless the work of your hands and your labor of love!!

Truly - it is awesome!

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Donna said...

Yeah for you! Sounds fun!!

12:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's so great! I know you'll do a great job.

1:37 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Congrats girl! I start school the same day you start work :)

4:22 PM

 
Blogger Chel said...

Hi. My name is Michele and I'm a new resident of Florida myself. Your sister came to my blog and sent me to your's. Maybe we can become Florida encouragers. :) My family and I have been here since early July, and we're getting settled in. Good luck to you!

4:47 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Cool beans! Congrats! Sorry I haven't visited for a while...been working on my book. I'm glad you're getting all settled.

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Chel said...

Hi, me again. I wanted to remind you that if the job you got is at a Christian organization, then that's where God needs you. I've been praying that He would give me a new job where He could use me most, and I got hired at a big corporation. But that doesn't mean that He couldn't have had a purpose for me or used me in a small, Christian area, too. Be content that God placed you where He needed you most. And then just rest easy and know that He will, indeed, use you.

9:46 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Sooooooooooo, how was the first day?????????? On the edge of my seat here - missin ya!

5:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home