While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Monday, August 21, 2006

I actually live here....

Well, I had my first day of work today and it was great. My co-workers are really nice and helpful and expecting me to fit in and be a part of the team. I am so grateful to be working again!!! Plus, it feels like I actually live in Florida.

I mean, who goes to work on their vacation???!!! Being here has felt surreal--looking for work, but also working-out, getting a tan, reading books on the treadmill or by the pool, unpacking and organizing, doing laundry and dishes. And all the while feeling like I'm visiting. Now it feels like I live and work in South Florida :)

And the work seems like it will be very rewarding. Our next event is in Orlando in October. Meanwhile, I will also be working on an event scheduled for February 2007. I need to put together a committee and get corporate sponsors for the event to raise money for our housing projects. I'm not sure what the focus of the event is going to be. The West Palm Beach event is a wine tasting. We also do one called 'an enchanted evening.' But, at most of the events, we have a silent auction and a live auction. We auction off donated items like jewelry, gift baskets, trips, etc.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chel said...

Good for you! I'm hoping my first day of work next week goes well, too. And I do understand about that endless vacation feeling. I'm actually hoping a little of it continues after I start work. :)

On another note, I make beaded jewelry as a hobby. Go to my website - www.createdbychel.com - and let me know if you like what you see. If you do, I'd be happy to donate a piece for your auction.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Wow Kat - your FIRST DONATION - wooohoo!!! That is awesome!

So gald that the first day went so well and that everyone was sooo nice! YEA GOD!!

I know you are going to do great at this and praying that God really blesses all that you set your hand to! Love ya and missin ya!

9:49 AM

 
Blogger Bek said...

i'm sure it does feel vacation-like, being in FL!! glad things are working out well!

10:32 AM

 
Blogger Kat said...

Chel, I had already looked at your website (when I visited your blog). I love your stuff and I would be so grateful if you would donate a piece. That's so nice of you!!! God bless you!

9:54 PM

 
Blogger Chel said...

Happy to help! It'll be good exposure for my jewelry, and I'm always ready to help a good cause.

Just let me know when you need it, and I'll send something to you. We'll swap addresses via email later.

9:32 AM

 
Blogger Donna said...

Sounds like you job will be wonderful, and I think you can manage=) Hope everything stays as good as it is now!! Happy for you!

6:26 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

Good girl! A job is a very good thing. I know you will shine at it!

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home