While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ernesto

I am off work today -- we are under a tropical storm warning/hurricane watch until Wednesday night. The winds will be 40-70 mph. The schools are closed today and tomorrow. The courts are closed until Friday. It's starting to get cloudy... the storm will hit us late this afternoon and throughout the night. The weather is supposed to be awful tonight and tomorrow. I don't know if our office will be open tomorrow...

I'm not really worried, but I hope it isn't bad. Actually, I'm concerned about the weather this weekend in Ohio. My family will be camping when the storm is supposed to be affecting the weather up north. According to the weather maps here, bad storms will hit Ohio Saturday night to Sunday morning. I hope the storm dies out before then!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimber said...

Thanks for calling me and checking up on me!! And I am praying that you are SAFE and that Ernesto does not turn out to be anything serious at all!

Love ya! Enjoy your day off!!

12:50 PM

 
Blogger BekABoo said...

We were hit by hurricane Fran when we lived in NC. Power was out for 4-5 days! We were out of school for 6 days (plus the 2 weekends). Even with 6 years in FL, it was the only storm I've been in that was worse than they expected. Hopefully, this one won't be bad. It looks like it's losing steam. Even if the power goes out, it will be like camping, but you get to sleep in your own bed ;) Be safe!

8:07 PM

 
Blogger Crystal said...

Hey girl! I'll pray for safety for you guys. To tell you the truth, I LOVE storms. It's funny, I'm originally from Oregon and when I first moved here and was going to school we had a drill. And we went out into the hallway and ducked and I'm like huh? And my classmates look at me and say "get down it's a tornado drill!" and I'm like "HUH?! We never got those back home!" LOL! But ever since I experienced my first "real thunderstorm" I've been hooked on weather channel ever since. OK, sorry this kinda turned into a ramble. Bye!

10:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home