While Jesus is representing me in Heaven, may I reflect Him on earth. While He pleads my cause, may I show forth His praise.

Get Involved.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I've thought about this for a while...

I have been considering starting my own blog for a while. Then my sister, Kimber, started hers and I figured it was time to just do it.

Now... what to say???!!!

I guess I just wanted an outlet for my thoughts on life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I have a great life -- doesn't always feel that way, but it's true. My family is always there for me. I am gainfully employed. I have great friends, including my very best friend and love of my life, Christopher. I have never truly been happier. And the pursuit has only just begun.

I am almost 35 and I can't say that I imagined life to turn out the way that it has (so far). But God does work all things for our good. If I had followed a different path or made any of a million other choices, I wouldn't be on the verge of the greatest time of my life. Of course, every moment should be looked at as an adventure -- something I'm not always good at. I guess I'm just starting to "get it." There is so much peace in knowing that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing -- saying "yes" to the right things (and learning the magic of "no").

I think it is hard for people to say no -- harder than we even think. I changed my major in college because I wanted to please the people that I knew at the time. I have served on countless teams and committees that I didn't have the time for (or the grace). But, I didn't know how to say "no." None of the things that I was doing were bad, just not all right for me at the time.

Anyway, today I am full of hope. joy. peace. EXCITEMENT. I am secure in knowing that I will get to where I am supposed to be going because I am not alone in the journey. Thank You, God, for being with me and giving me the best travel companions :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:54 PM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:58 AM

 
Blogger Kimber said...

Way to go Kat.

I enjoyed readying your post - How true it is, "yes" comes easier than "no"...

YOU did it, you figured out how to put your picture by your profile - that took me awhile too :)

Looking forward to reading more my dear..

10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home